Brainsway – The New Brain Disorder Treatment
Brainsway* is an innovative brain disorder treatment, based on a safe, effective* non-drug solution which can help a wide variety of patients. Brainsway's Deep TMS (Deep Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) performs non-invasive stimulation of the brain regions relevant to various brain disorders and brings significant improvement to patients.
Effective for a Wide Variety of Brain Disorders*
Brainsway Deep TMS has CE* marks for:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Bipolar disorder
- Chronic pain
- Major depressive disorder
- Parkinson's disease
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Schizophrenia (negative symptoms)
- Smoking cessation
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Multiple Sclerosis
Shorter Sessions, Effective Treatment
Brainsway's Deep TMS is effective for a wide range of depression cases, from mild to persistent drug-resistant cases*. Brainsway Deep TMS sessions provide effective results in almost half the time (just 20 minutes compared to 37 with traditional TMS). Moreover, the treatment does not require anesthesia, entails no memory loss and no systemic side effects*.
Deep Stimulation - Enhanced Effect
Studies have shown that the depth and wide range of brain stimulation significantly and positively impact the results*, as seen in the following:
- “Many behavioral manifestations of neurological and psychiatric diseases are not solely the result of abnormality in one isolated brain region but represent alterations in brain networks and connectivity.” (Fox et al. Neurolmage 2012)
- "Deeper (ventral) PFC structures have significantly more connections with other reward system sites compared to superficial PFC". (Leh et al., 2007)
- “There is significant inter-individual variability in the exact location of DLPFC sites having functional connectivity with subgenual cingulate “(Fox et al. Neuroimage 2012)
- “Effective response to standard TMS in MDD is strongly correlated with resting state functional connectivity between DLPFC stimulation sites and subgenual cingulate “(Fox et al. Biol. Psychiatry 2012)
- “Individualized targeting becomes less important with larger stimulation field sizes” (Fox et al. Biol. Psychiatry 2012)
Brainsway Deep TMS has been cleared by the FDA* for patients who tried any number of antidepressants with no improvement (in the current depressive episode). The FDA indication is based on a unique long-term 16-week double-blind, placebo-controlled multi-center study, which enrolled over 200 subjects, showing a profound decline in HDRS-21 and significant remission (32.6%) and response (38.4%) rates at the primary endpoint of the study, after 4 weeks of acute treatment. In the study*, Brainsway's treatment was proved to be safe, and the treatment was well tolerated by the majority of the study subjects.
Brainsway's technology is based on patents filed by the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the company. The treatment has been enthusiastically embraced by the international scientific community, with over 60 clinical trials in leading institutions worldwide.
Fits Into Patients' Daily Routine
Brainsway Deep TMS depression treatment requires only brief daily sessions of 20 minutes over 4-6 weeks. In each session, the patient is comfortably seated in a chair, and a cushioned helmet is gently placed over the head. The helmet generates brief magnetic fields, at an amplitude similar to that used in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) systems. After each session, patients can return home independently, and resume their daily routine.
The Brainsway Deep TMS System is indicated by the FDA for the treatment of depressive episodes in adult patients suffering from Major Depressive Disorder, who failed to achieve satisfactory improvement from previous anti-depressant medication treatment in the current episode. FDA 510(k) No. K122288